I could pretend to be the perfect hostess and housewife and impress you with my culinary delights, but the truth is I just like cake, and only when there is cake involved am I prepared to spend lots of time in the kitchen!
Here are links to all the recipes that I have posted so far on Tea & Cake for the Soul. If you’re a new reader I hope you’ll check them out, and if you’ve been following for a long time, why not visit an old post for some baking inspiration.
As well as cake, I have shared lots of old family recipes for main meals and accompaniments too. Some are suitable for vegetarians, vegans and are dairy and gluten free. I am also starting to bake more sugar free or low sugar treats which I will be sharing in due course. There are new recipes to come in the spring and summer too. You can sign up for free email notifications so that you don’t miss any new posts.
I do favour easy recipes, especially where you can chuck it all in 😂, and although my food photography leaves a lot to be desired, they have all been tried and tested many times so I hope you’ll enjoy them.
To view the posts click on the link text and let me know if you’ve tried any out.
Cakes, Cookies & Desserts
This section includes recipes that are either traditionally free from dairy or gluten, or I have tried with dairy and gluten free ingredients and got good results. All will be marked with the following abbreviations.
DF – dairy free
GF – gluten free
SF – sugar free/low added sugar
V – vegetarian
Vg – vegan
Most of the fruit recipes can be baked with different fruits especially the apple, pear, blackberry and strawberry recipes.
* Apple Cake
* Apple Coconut Squares (GF, DF, V)
* Apple & Blackberry Crumble (with chocolate option) (GF, DF, V)
* Banana Oat Cakes/Breakfast Bars (GF, DF, SF, V, Vg)
* Blackberry Fruit Muffins (with chocolate, dairy and gluten free options) (GF, DF, V)
* Butterscotch Tart (old school dinner recipe) (GF, DF, V)
* Carrot Cake Pancakes (GF, DF, SF, V, Vg)
* Chocolate Saltine Toffee (V)
* Chocolate Brownies – Rich Dark Version (GF, DF, V)
* Chocolate Brownies – Sweet Potato Version (GF, DF, V)
* Chocolate Ganache (V)
* Chocolate Cookies and White Chocolate Dough Pie (GF, V)
* Chocolate Superberry cake (V)
* Chocolate & Strawberry Ginger Tarts
* 3 Chocolate Traybakes – coming soon
* Fruity Flapjacks (GF, DF, SF, V)
* Orangy Oaty Cookies/Breakfast Bars (GF, SF, V)
Have you tried any of my recipes?
Or do you have something irresistible that you’d like to share in the comments below.