This is one of my son’s recipes and can be made as one cookie dough pie or several giant white chocolate cookies. They are crunchy on the outside but soft and chewy on the inside. The pie is, in his words, “perfect to dip in to and eat with ice-cream”!
This amount would make about 10 cookies or 4 cookies and a pie.
[AD: Collaborative Post – All words and experiences are my own]
White Chocolate Cookies or Cookie Dough Pie Ingredients:
125g softened butter
100g soft brown sugar
125g castor sugar
A teaspoon of vanilla essence
225g self raising flour
100g white chocolate chips
How to make White Chocolate Cookies & Cookie Dough Pie:
- Pre heat your oven to 170 degrees.
- Cream the softened butter and both types of sugar.
- Mix vanilla essence and egg together in a separate jug.
- Stir the ingredients together.
- Fold in flour to form a dough.
- Mix in white chocolate chips.
- Separate the dough into balls and place on a greased baking tray making sure they are well spaced apart.
- If you are making a cookie dough pie, place all the dough into a large, deep dish.
- Bake in your oven for approx 12 minutes.
- Leave to cool for 15 mins then delve in. (These cookies will come out soft, but will harden as they cool.)
Add in some desiccated coconut or use milk/dark chocolate chips instead.
If you want to add a chocolate coating like the image above, allow the cookies to cool, melt some chocolate in a bowl and dip the cookies into the liquid chocolate, or why not use a specialist dessert sauce such as those sold by Dessert Parlour.