1 cup plain white flour (gluten-free)
1 cup carrots, grated
1 tblsp caster sugar/coconut sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
2 tblsp baking powder
1 cup dairy-free milk
Pinch of salt
2 tblsp olive oil
1. Mix together the flour, grated carrot, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, and sugar.
2. In a separate bowl, stir the oil & milk together then pour into the rest of the mixture and blend until smooth.
3. Preheat saucepan with some oil.
4. Spoon a small amount of the mixture into the centre of the hot pan. Leave it for a minute or so then flip when the edges of the pancake look firm enough.
5. Serve with topping of choice.
There was quite a knack to cooking these as the mixture is thicker than a standard pancake mix and the texture took a bit of getting used to, but they were rather tasty and nice for a change. Of course, you don’t have to use free from ingredients.
You may also like to check out lots more dairy and gluten-free desserts, cakes and homemade dishes in my Recipe Section
If you’re interested in more gluten free breakfast recipes try A Balanced Belly.