65g natural yoghurt
160g sifted plain flour
65g softened butter
10g baking powder
2 apples either chopped or thinly sliced
soft brown sugar to sprinkle on top
cinnamon and sultanas (optional)
METHOD (All mixed in a blender unless stated)
- Preheat oven to 160
- Start by mixing the eggs and sugar
- Add in the yogurt and flour and mix in well.
- Add milk, butter, lemon zest, and baking powder and mix until smooth and creamy
- Stir in the apple pieces by hand, (and sultanas and cinnamon if desired)
- Pour into a lined baking tin and sprinkle brown sugar over the top
- Cook for approx 45 mins.
I’ve also found 10 more lovely apple dessert recipes on the Saga website.
Do you have any apple recipes that you’d like to share?
Or are you doing something completely different for apple day?