Blogtober? I had never heard of it before but then this is the first year that I’ve really delved deeper into what blogging entails. Read on to find out what Blogtober is, what you can expect to read here on Tea and Cake for the Soul over the coming month, and how to take part if you are a blog reader or a blogger.
WHAT IS BLOGTOBER?
Blogtober is where bloggers from all over the world publish a post every day during the month of October, linking up with other bloggers who are also taking part to share the love. This year it is hashtagged as #Blogtober18.
As a reader, it’s a great way of getting to see what other content is out there, and as a writer, it’s fun to be able to write about anything you want.
WHAT IS A BLOG?
A blog is basically an informal website that readers can follow by email with attached social media. It can cover anything from health to money saving, from fashion to crafts, from music to travel, from parenting to just being someone’s online diary. In fact, anything goes.
Some bloggers write just because they enjoy it or believe in a cause, some to share their reviews and recommendations and others run it as a business by attracting sponsored posts and collaborations from businesses once they reach the heights of being recognised as an influencer. Me? I just love to write and hopefully spread some nice things to make people feel good or give them useful information that might make their lives a little easier.
MY PERSONAL CHALLENGE
I saw Blogtober advertised in one of the blogger groups that I’m in and before giving it much thought, I’m like “Yes I’m in!” Once I started, I realised what a HUGE undertaking it was, but my head had decided to do it so there was no way I could back out.
Some bloggers follow a prompt sheet to give them ideas and some just follow their own schedule. I’ve gone for the latter as my head is filled with so many ideas that I could write and post for three months solid if I had the time.
WHAT TO EXPECT
There are some really important National Days happening this month, some of which I’ve written about but I’ve also included traditional Tea and Cake for the Soul subject matter such as travel tips and reviews, recipes, interviews, book recommendations, and lots of very random stories too. I’m also pleased to showcase two new features:
An Afternoon of Tea and Cake for the Soul is where I chat with other bloggers about their own blogs, favourite tips, crafts, travel destinations, books, and recipes.
AND Albums that Influenced My Life where people can tell their personal stories about how and what music has shaped their lives in some way.
HOW TO TAKE PART
Readers – the best way to join in with this is by signing up to receive emails every time I post. You will receive a short extract first thing in the morning and you can then click through if it’s something that interests you. You can sign up to this by filling in the FOLLOW BY EMAIL found on the right-hand side if you’re on a desktop or by scrolling all the way to the bottom of your screen if you are on a mobile device.
Bloggers – Sign up to my email list then comment below or message me on Facebook or Twitter . Let me know which post of my schedule that you’d like to swap links on. Or if you’d just like to take part in An Afternoon of Tea and Cake for the Soul.
My Blogtober Schedule 2018 (links added as they go live)
1. Cancer Awareness for Life (Health)
2. Dear Mr Popstar (Book Review)
3. How I Successfully and Finally Gave Up Smoking (Health)
4. Poems for National Poetry Day (Reading)
5. Could you Compliment a Random Stranger? (Kindness)
6. The Day I Met Robbie Williams (Random)
7. An Afternoon of Tea & Cake with DIARY OF A DETOUR (Interview Feature)
8. Chocolate Saltine Toffee (Recipe)
9. 7 Ways to Celebrate World Post Day (Kindness)
10. Secrets at Meadowbrook Manor (Book Review)
11. Patriot Speedboat & San Diego Cruises (Travel Attraction Review)
12. Trick or Treat – Halloween Customs & Photos from Around the World (Celebration)
13. 10 Albums that Influenced My Life by LAURA (Music Feature)
14. An Afternoon of Tea & Cake with TAYLER SILFVERDUK (Interview Feature)
15. Fruity Flapjacks (Recipe)
16. Liberty Station Art Walk (Travel Attraction Review)
17. The King & The Cockerel (Children’s Book Review)
18. Apple Cake (Recipe)
19. Sex Drive (Book Excerpt)
20. 28 Random Acts of Kindness (Kindness)
21. An Afternoon of Tea & Cake with A LITTLE BOOK PROBLEM (Interview Feature)
22. Giant Halloween Cookies & Roasted Seeds (Recipe)
23. Halloween Pumpkin Cake & Muffins (Recipe)
24. The Get Away Girls (Book Review)
25. 10 Ways to Reduce Waste in Hotels, Cafes & Bars (Travel & Eco Tips)
26. Vegetable Curry (Recipe)
27. Meet the Musician – Mark Palmer
28. An Afternoon of Tea & Cake with THE ZEBRA PIT (interview Feature)
29. How we Saved over £1000 when Renewing our Home & Car Insurance (Money Saving Tips)
30. Quintessentially English (Travel and Art Feature)
31. Where to Find the Best Sunset Locations in California (Travel)
I hope you’ll join me and cheer me on in this epic marathon of words and pictures and check out some of the other bloggers taking part:
Big Family Organised Chaos – Host for Blogtober each year
The Southerner Blogs
Sarah Beth Blogs
Early Retirement Rocks
Kirsty Through the Looking Glass
Kristine’s Blog – A Mum Reviews
The Newhouse Family Blog
The Mum Diaries
Ickle Pickles Life and Travels
Nicola J Ogston
If you are at all concerned about signing up for email notifications then please read the following. I do not pass your details on to anyone else.