Well, that’s it another Blogtober blog challenge done and dusted. Below you will find my Blogtober 2019 schedule with a list of links to all the posts that I shared throughout October and the bloggers and readers I met along the way.
This year I did it a bit differently. Instead of the normal method of one new post per day throughout October, I used it as an opportunity to update old posts and reshare them with my readers.
Is that classed as cheating? Maybe to some, but believe me, it can often take just as long to update a post as writing a new one. I had a variety of reasons for doing so:
Firstly, it’s great for Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) – Google likes posts that are current and updated from time to time. So if you are a blogger make sure you go through old posts periodically – check for keywords, add better photos, extend the text with new relevant information and check for any errors. Blogging is always evolving and it will help your blog to implement everything you’ve learned in the last year.
Secondly, I have more than doubled in followers since last year so many will not have seen these posts.
And lastly, I have had some health problems which I mentioned in my last blog update, and I haven’t been able to sit down to write. By updating posts instead, I’ve been able to do it in short bursts.
So, was Blogtober successful? I would say so. I wrote 5 new posts and updated 28 older posts during October. My viewing stats went back up again to exceed what they were pre my health-induced hiatus.
Enough from me, here is a list of post links for Blogtober 2019. I hope you enjoy reading any that you missed. At the end of this post, I will let you know which posts were the most popular. I’d love to know what you thought and if you joined in this time, or are thinking of doing a blog challenge next year. Maybe Blogmas?
My Blogtober Prompt Schedule 2019
1. How to Survive Blogtober (Blogging)
1. How to Quit Smoking (Health)
2. Breast Cancer Awareness Month (Health)
3. National Poetry Day (Reading)
4. World Smile Day (Kindness)
5. World Teachers Day (Kindness/Money Saving)
6. Halloween Pumpkin Art – The Big Draw (Art/Halloween)
7th – 13th Libraries Week, Curry Week, Mental Health Awareness Week
7. Reading Challenge – Libraries Week (Reading)
8. Homemade Vegetable Curry – Curry Week (Recipes)
9. World Post Day (Kindness)
10. World Mental Health Day (Health)
11. How to Get Free Books – Libraries Week (Reading/Money Saving)
12. Doggy Dress Up (Halloween)Corpse Brides (Halloween)
13. How to Reduce Plastic Waste in Hotels & Cafes (Environmental)
14th – 20th October – Baking Week & Chocolate Week
14. Pumpkin Muffins (Recipes/Halloween)
15. Chocolate Saltine Toffee (Recipes)
16. Corpse Brides (Halloween)
17. Pumpkin Cookies (Recipes)
17. World Values Day (Kindness) – 28 Random Acts of Kindness
18. World Menopause Day (Health)
19. Chocolate Brownies (Recipes)
20. Butterscotch Tart (Recipes)
21. Apple Coconut Squares – Apple Day (Recipes)
22. How to Plan a USA Road Trip (Travel Tips)
23. 3 Pumpkin Soups (Recipes)
24. Tai Chi & Qi Gong for Relaxation (Health)
25. How I Saved Over £5,000 in One Year (Money Saving)
26. How to Make an Ecobrick (Environmental)
27. Halloween Celebrations from Around the World (Halloween)
28. How to Reuse, Redistribute and Recycle Your Rubbish (Environmental)
29. Breaking Glass (Music)
30. Meditation, Hypnosis & Relaxation (Health)
31. Blogtober round up
Most Read Top 5 Posts of Blogtober 2019
- Pumpkin Arts & Crafts
- Dogs Dressed up for Halloween
- Breaking Glass
- How to Survive Blog Challenges
- Victorian Corpse Bride
Other bloggers who took part and supported me in Blogtober
Anne at RaisieBay
Dominique at Life of a Rebooted Mom
Kim at Life as Kim
Kate at Kate on Thin Ice
Ali at Diary of a Detour
Thanks to Annette at 3 Little Buttons for hosting the linky and Kirsty from Kirsty Through the Looking Glass for hosting the Blogtober group
What was your favourite post?
Did you do Blogtober 2019? How did you get on?
Fancy doing Blogmas?
If you need any tips about completing blog challenges, read my post about how to survive blog challenges